3rd-Generation System Delivers Leading Performance for Multi-Dwelling Unit and Single Family Residential Applications
Honolulu, HI – (November 15, 2022) – Holu Hou Energy LLC (“HHE”), a provider of design to service solar plus energy storage systems, including a breakthrough product for the Residential and Multi-Dwelling Unit residential building markets, announces that it has completed the initial installations for its HoluPower xP energy storage system. The system installations were for single-family residential properties in the Honolulu area.
The HoluPower xP building on the leading attributes of the HoluPower series product, specifically delivers:
- A much safer lithium ion battery chemistry, having greater inherent resiliency against overtemperature and overcharging than some major brands that use less stable, more flammable and higher toxicity chemistries
- More system power – enough power to enable homes to operate their appliances during an outage the same way they would if they had utility power
- Greater system modularity – each system can support four strings of PV and up to four 8.2kWh battery modules. Multiple systems can be connected together in a sharing link for even greater capacity
- Higher power for each battery module, a very important attribute for locations where battery subsidies and bonus programs exist
- Energy control through the HHE Modular Energy Control platform
- Integrated home load control so both renewable energy supply and load/usage can be scheduled or optimized real time with one another
- Standard wired internet connection, with optional WiFi or cellular communications
- Better system conversion efficiency compared to “AC Battery” systems, like those from Tesla
- Faster installation times with an almost 50% reduction in wiring terminations
- The industry’s only single-family Residential energy storage system economically viable for unlocking the Multi-Dwelling Unit Residential market
Holu Hou Energy made history in the renewable energy systems market with the 2nd Generation HoluPower-series energy storage system. The product was the first system capable of economically addressing the Multi-Dwelling Unit Residential market through EnergyShare, a unique application and advantage, enabling networked systems to share excess generation behind their respective utility meters. This has been a game-changer for improving the project economics for the MDU market, including for low-income housing, rental property units and Home Owners Association managed properties. EnergyShare enables more energy to be delivered to load, and fewer batteries needing to be installed than the standard approach of unit by unit installation.
Holu Hou Energy continues to deliver innovative capabilities that enable customers to achieve a higher level of energy independence. The company is a leader in the Hawaiian market and is now entering California and other important mainland markets. The MDU market in Hawaii is at least 50,000 units. The California market is likely 1-2 orders of magnitude larger. HHE is uniquely positioned to develop this untapped market in the United States.
See more of HHE’s Breakthrough “Energy Share” Technology for Multi-Dwelling Unit Properties
About Holu Hou Energy, LLC
Holu Hou Energy, LLC, a Delaware Corporation, brings state-of-the-art renewable energy and energy storage systems to the Single-Family Residential, Multi-Dwelling Unit Residential and Commercial building markets. With operations in California, Hawaii, Wisconsin and Shanghai, HHE engineers proprietary storage system and control platform solutions, including a breakthrough HHE “Energy Share” Technology that is key to development of the Multi-Dwelling Unit Residential housing market. HHE is a vital partner for investors and asset owners that are seeking ESG solutions.